Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fenghuangshan

Yeah..say that three times fast.
Anyway, on Sunday I went up to Fenghuangshan, which means "phoenix mountain" with my Dad. Its maybe a three or four hour drive from where we live.
It was a great time, an awesome hike, super pretty, and excessively vertical.
I took six zillion pictures.


Here is a rough map of where we were.
We didnt really know where we were going, bar up.
So we followed some people as non threateningly as possible, and made up the rest.



There was a temple, of course.



Randomly, there was a dressed up monkey in a stupid hat.
Shortly after I took this picture, the monkey went berserk and tried to kill the guy its attached to. Cant really say I blame it.
look at that hat.
I strongly dislike monkeys.


We found the stairs!



Which quickly turned into this...



Which eventually turned more into this.



Which led to incredible views like this.
Awesome...



These pictures are not in order.
You can only expect so much from me.
This is Phoenix Hole, a neat little cave with a shrine in it.



I like this picture alot.


Divine wisdom...come to me!
Ok. So maybe not.
I'll be waiting, though.

The whole "hike" was full of stuff like this.
Sometimes you didnt even know where the path was, except for some niches in the rock.


More neat stuff.


Howdy.
Gosh, I love my rho lt.
(sorry...)





Traditionally, you have your name and your true love's name engraved on one of these locks and lock it up here for eternity. Dunno what you do with the key though.


Hi there daddy-man.



All the trees were turning lovely colors.
Ill have to go back later in October, when its real ridiculous.

You can see (sort of) where we hiked..the path runs all along the tops of these 'peaks'.
If it were a clear day you can see fooooooorrrrrreeeeeevvvvveeeerrr.
Or at least to North Korea.
Then you probably need a permit.


Maybe my favorite pic of the lot.
How much more Chinese does this get?
Fenghuangshan is a warm up for me, since Ill be climbing Huashan in about a week. We leave for Xi'an early morning the day after tomorrow. Im super exited. Go youtube huashan if you want.
In other news, I have a mild cold, I ate eggplant for dinner, and Koreans make great smelling shampoo.

2 comments:

  1. haha i do have dreams about i beams, i fucking love these pics!. im slightly jealous. hope china is treating you ok. adios rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous. super jealous of huashan. don't die. can't wait for pictures.

    ReplyDelete