Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Carnival Light in Black and White

Howdy.

Here's some shots from the last couple days.
Some of them turned out kind of boring, I tried to edit them but my stomach hurts and Id rather just watch National Geographic than fight with photoshop right now.

Anyway...along the coast and the docks there's always guys fishing. This one actually caught something for once, he was pretty proud
.


This was kind of cool- this old guy had three lines propped up on his bicycle. M took this and the one above.



I got exited about these...there's a sort of carnival thing on the coast near us. Dalian is a popular vacation destination, so of course there's tourist stuff here.
This double decker carousel was real pretty.



I love these things...
and I like this picture.






And then I put them in B&W.
And I like them better.
yes, some of these are versions of the same photo.
I reserve the right to do that.







Today I went with M and a friend of hers to go look at some winter jackets. Our friend had found a place where they sold North Face and Colombia jackets and wanted to go check them out. We looked around- I think they were actually knockoffs, but decent ones. I didn't get one, because I'm a jacket snob, but M picked out a nice blue double layer thing with a zip-in fleece, which I approved of. They had knockoff Arc'teryx softshell pants, but I decided I didn't need them. (yay for self control!)

Later we went for a foot massage. It was really nice- all low lights and scented stuff and incense. They don't just massage your feet, they also do your head, neck, arms and legs. Unfortunately for me, Ive never had a professional massage before so even though it was relaxing, I was distracted by the fact that someone I didn't know was rubbing my feet.

Its sort of a funny story, but I guess Ill not go on and on about it here.

I bought a neat hat.
I will someday get a basset hound.
I'm going to go make tea now.
Hope you're all having a lovely week, more pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...knockoffs...they get so bad they're hilarious (logos spelled wrong, spelled obscenely...etc). I miss you lady! Being stuck in Ann Arbor with nobody around is lonely.

    ReplyDelete